MCE Group plc is dedicated to promoting awareness that contributes to achieving environmental development. We recognize this to be a continuous process of improvement and we seek to improve our performance, and that of our suppliers, over time.
The Environmental Protection Act introduced the concept of integrate pollution control, intended to ensure that substances were managed in a way that minimised their detrimental effects on the environment. Our Environmental Policy expresses MCE’s commitment to achieving this aim and we are continually looking for ways to reduce the environmental impact of our activities.
In this regard, MCE shall carry out the following:
- Minimise workplace environmental risks by identifying, evaluating and controlling potential risks
- Implement engineering or procedural control measures for identified potential environmental risks
- Co-operate with the particular location to ensure environmental compliance with BS EN ISO 14001
- Wholly support and comply with or exceed the requirements of current environmental legislation and codes of practice
- Manage MCE Personnel environmental awareness with support from environmental professionals where necessary
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst our customers and suppliers.
- Assess the environmental impact of any new processes or products we intend to introduce in advance.
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation or industry standards that MCE subscribe or any other environmental requirements specific to individual client contracts
- Implement an Environmental Management System based on the requirements of the International Standard ISO 14001.
- Use a program to offset the greenhouse gas emissions generated by our activities.
- As far as possible purchase products and services that do the least damage to the environment and encourage others to do the same
- Apply the principles of continuous improvement in respect of air, water, noise and light pollution from our premises and reduce any impacts from our operations on the environment and local community.
To deliver this Policy and ensure environmental standards are maintained MCE shall:
- Provide information and environmental training for all personnel at induction stage and at appropriate intervals thereafter
- Ensure changes in environmental legislation are communicated to all employees
- Reduce the likelihood of environmental accidents and incidents through the use of risk assessments and action planning
- Monitor compliance against company or project specific environmental plans and procedures
- Review this policy when circumstances require it, such as following an accident, changes to legislation, activities or processes or at least on an annual basis
- When determining priorities for the allocation of resources, environmental objectives shall be given equal consideration
- Encourage personnel to report environmental hazards and incidents
- Review performance to ensure compliance with environmental legislation and other requirements
In addition all employees and contractors have duties and responsibilities under this policy which are detailed in job descriptions, company handbooks, procedures, work instructions and other relevant additional documentation.
Name (Print) Benny McCallum
Effective Date: 5th January 2015